Our goal is to teach you correct Firearms Safety, Knowledge, Skills and Attitude.
Following the NRA “3” Basic Firearms Safety Rules.
I am a third generation Vermonter. I started shooting and hunting at a young age, getting my first VT hunter safety card at age 11. At age 13, I started shooting handgun metallic silhouette with my father and brother, by age 16, I had my father purchase for my use first a S&W model 27 357mag and then a S&W model 29 44mag. Through my mid to late teens, I shot approximately 500 rds of 22lr and 200rds of 357/44mag each week in preparation for a match.
After growing up in Essex Junction, I went into the U.S Air Force (5010 SPS Marksmanship team 1979) and then the Vermont Air National Guard while attending Champlain College and studying Criminal Justice. After earning a degree and spending a 365/24/7 period working on an ambulance and a brief stint as a part time police officer carrying a S&W 44mag. I rejoined the military, this time with the Vermont Army National Guard’s Mountain Battalion. I was offered and accepted a job as Mountaineering Instructor/Medic at the Mountain Warfare School, where I served as subject matter expert for mountain medical instruction and rescue techniques and assisted in development and instruction in all phases of mountaineering until November 1996.
I then moved to Camp Johnson to be the Operations Manager for Co C Med and then State Medical Command. During this time, I was the unit Marksmanship trainer and range officer. Following a 2003 deployment to Afghanistan, I was Honorably Discharged (Retired) as SFC / E-7 on July 31, 2004 after 25 years of military service. Since January 2005, I have been employed as an armed contract security guard for Homeland Security. I have also been employed as a part time arborist/tree climber for Hivernant Arborist.
For over 30 years, I have served part-time with numerous area fire and rescue departments. I currently belong to Essex Fire and Rescue. I am an avid outdoorsman and shooting sports enthusiast. Currently on the board of directors for Sportsman’s Club of Franklin County, I have been an integral part of building their firearms safety education program. I am also on the range safety and improvements committee.
- SIGARMS Academy Semi-Auto Pistol Instructor course (2012)
- Firearms Qualification (10mm Pistol) State of Vermont Armed Guard, Waterbury, VT
- Firearms Qualification (40 S&W Pistol) Department of Homeland Security / Federal Protective Service, St. Albans, VT
- Firearms Qualification (.38 cal Revolver) Department of Homeland Security / Federal Protective Service, Highgate, VT
- Training Counselor Course National Rifle Association, Pipersville, PA
- Basic Rifle Instructor Course National Rifle Association, Barre, VT -Assistant Instructor / Student
- Basic Pistol Instructor Course National Rifle Association, Hartford, CT
- Range Safety Officer Course National Rifle Association, Barre, VT
- Basic Shotgun Instructor Course National Rifle Association, Eden, VT
- Advanced Marksmanship Unit Readiness / Squad Designated Marksman Course, National Guard Marksmanship Training Center, Camp Robinson, AR
- Small Arms Instructor and Range Operations Course, National Guard Professional Education Center, Camp Robinson, AR